As the nation’s largest supplier of school furniture, Virco is aware of the impact coronavirus is having on families and public activities of all kinds. Because information over the next few weeks may be incomplete or confusing, we have adopted several broadly effective responses that we will modify on a daily basis as needed. These general responses are:
- We have given our employees greater flexibility to deal with any situations that might affect their family life: personal health, the health of a family member, or caring for children who may not be able to go to school.
- At the same time, we realize that coming to work may be the best thing for many of our employees. Our U.S. factories are open and fully functioning; our U.S. warehouses are open and making deliveries to those schools still able to receive furniture; our installation teams are installing furniture for projects that are still on schedule.
- Employees who can work from home are doing so.
- In our factories and warehouses, we are following CDC guidelines for appropriate social distancing with staggered shifts and rest breaks, no group meetings of more than ten people, and more frequent cleaning of high-touch equipment.
- We have also suspended all international and non-essential domestic travel until early April. We are meeting with customers electronically and continuing to process orders in anticipation of a possibly compressed summer delivery season.
- With over 2,000,000 square feet of U.S. manufacturing and distribution facilities in California and Arkansas, and nearly 1,000 experienced employees, our supply chain is largely under our own control. We are ready and able to help schools with furniture and project management needs that may develop as the coronavirus pandemic cycles toward recovery. Until then, we remain open and respectful of the needs of our customers, the communities they support, and of course, our own employees. If you have any questions or ideas about how Virco can help your school, please contact your local Virco representative.